Software Engineer - New Graduate 2024
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Software Engineer, you will have ownership and influence across one or more of these domains with us.
- Required: Pursued or pursuing an undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering or a related field.
- Familiar with software engineering from school, internships, personal projects, or previous jobs.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages such as C#, Lua, Java, Go, Node.js, Ruby, Python, C++, or Swift.
- Passionate about games, community-driven content generation, and social networking.
- A problem solver who excels in ambiguous environments and quickly develop proficiency in coding standards, tools and best practices.
- Design, code, test, and debug features.
- Ship code to production.
- Work with Roblox's Design, Product, Data, QA, and DevOps teams.
- Report to one of our many teams to oversee any products or features you are working on.
Please note the Company may not be able to employ candidates who have United States work authorization related to certain U.S. visa categories, or support future H-1B sponsorship at this time
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.